Call for papers
IEEE WoWMoM 2011 is soliciting original and previously unpublished papers addressing research challenges and advances towards a world of wireless, mobile, and multimedia pervasive communications. The evolution of wireless networking technologies and their key role in Future Internet scenarios offer an increasing wealth of opportunities for distributing multimedia contents over wireless networks, enabling dissemination of professional contents to mobile users as well as sharing user-generated contents among them. Users will be able to retrieve, publish, and manage information, communicate with other users or devices, access and author services, create and exploit context-awareness and so on. Papers that present original work, validated by experimentation, simulation, or analysis, are solicited. Practical experiences and experimental efforts from both industry and academy, duly documenting the lessons learned from test-beds, field-trials, or real deployments, are also welcome. Topics of interest include, but are not limited to:
- Wireless multimedia systems, services & applications
- System prototypes, measurements, real deployment, and experiences
- Opportunistic and delay-tolerant networks
- Mobile Social Networking
- Participatory and urban sensing
- Energy-efficient protocols and power management
- Seamless internetworking and self-organization
- Networking services for pervasive systems
- Content-centric architectures, multimedia content management and distribution for mobile networks
- Ad-hoc, Sensor and wireless mesh networks
- Wireless BAN, PAN, LAN, MAN and WAN
- Vehicular wireless networks
- Middleware services for wireless, mobile and multimedia networks
- Context-awareness in wireless, mobile and multimedia networks
- Quality of Service and Quality of Experience
- Location mechanism and services
- Multicasting and broadcasting issues
- Handoff and mobility management
- Network management and control
- IP-based mobile networks and wireless multimedia services
- Wireless security, dependability, reliability and survivability
- Authentication, authorization, and accounting
- Modeling and performance evaluation
Papers presented at the symposium will be considered for a Best Paper Award. Papers of particular merit will be considered for a fast track publication in the Elsevier Pervasive and Mobile Computing Journal (PMC).
Paper submission instructions
Submission is managed electronically through EDAS
Submission implies the willingness of at least one author to attend
the conference and present the paper. Accepted papers will be included
in the proceedings of IEEE WoWMoM 2011 and published in the
IEEE Digital Library.
WoWMoM organizers reserve the right to exclude a paper from distribution
after the conference (e.g., removal from IEEE Xplore) if the paper
is not presented at the conference.
Papers should contain original material and not be previously published, or currently submitted for consideration elsewhere. Accepted papers will be published by the IEEE in the combined WoWMoM 2011 proceedings, hence manuscripts must be formatted in accordance with the IEEE Computer Society author guidelines. The IEEE LaTeX and Microsoft Word templates, as well as related information, can be found at the IEEE Computer Society website.
Specifically, please note the following format requirements:
- Your submission must be in PDF format. Whatever text processor or formatter you use to write your paper (LaTeX, Microsoft Word, FrameMaker, etc.), please convert the output to PDF before submission.
- Manuscripts must be limited to 9 pages, single spacing, double column, and must STRICTLY adhere to the template format.
- We must be able to print your paper once it is submitted. Therefore, all fonts used in the paper MUST be embedded in the submitted PDF file.
- The paper must be able to print clearly on standard black-and-white printers. Reviewers are not required to view your paper in color.
- Submission Deadline:
November 21, 2010
- Submission Deadline
Extended: December 3, 2010
- Acceptance Notification:
March 18, 2011
- Camera ready submission deadline: April 28, 2011