Call for workshop proposals
The next IEEE International Symposium on a World of Wireless, Mobile and Multimedia Networks (IEEE WoWMoM 2011) will be the 12-th event in its series. This symposium intends to provide a definitive forum for networking, software systems and multimedia research in the wireless/mobile area involving both computer science and electrical engineering communities.
The WoWMoM Organizing Committee invites proposals for one-day workshops affiliated with the conference. The purpose of these workshops is to provide a platform for presenting novel ideas in a less formal and possibly more focused way than at the conference itself. Affiliated workshops will be held prior to the main conference. All papers included in the WoWMoM 2011 Workshops will appear in the conference proceedings published by IEEE. We expect all selected workshops to adhere to a common paper submission and reviewing schedule as outlined in the dates indicated below.
Workshops Proposals are solicited in all areas and topics pertaining to wireless mobile and multimedia networking. Workshops addressing emerging research directions in these areas are highly welcome.
Each workshop proposal must include:
- The name of the workshop.
- The names, addresses, and a short bio of the organizers.
- A brief description (up to 1 page) of the technical issues that the workshop will address, and the reasons why the workshop is of interest at this time.
- The names of potential program committee members.
- The planned format of the workshop, including a strategy to facilitate lively discussions and attendees involvement.
- If applicable, a description of past versions of the workshop, including dates, organizers, number of submitted and accepted papers, number of attendees.
- If the workshop does not have any past editions, an estimate of the expected number of submitted and accepted papers, and of the expected number of attendees.
- A tentative call for papers.
- A description of the plans for publicity and workshop web site.
Workshop proposals should be submitted, no later than October 20, 2010, by e-mail (in PDF format) with "WoWMoM 2011 Workshop Proposal" in the subject, to both WoWMoM 2011 Workshop Co-Chairs (WSCC) at the address wowmom2011WSCC(at)cs.unibo.it
For any additional information please refer to us at the address above.
- Workshop proposals submission deadline:
October 20, 2010
November 5, 2010
Suggested dates for the workshops schedule
- Papers due by:
February 4, 2011
- Paper selections due by: April 4, 2011
- Camera ready submission deadline: April 28, 2011